Saturday, February 4, 2012

Go Time!


T-Minus 2 hours from Shanghai.  We’re cruising at about 36,000 feet right now and our flight is expected to arrive a few minutes after 2:00PM Shanghai time (1:00AMEST).  The flight over to China has already been an experience.  After shedding a few tears with my parents, the lovely lady at check-in informed me that this 15,000+ mile round trip journey would almost be good for one free domestic flight with Continental.  Love that!

            As I approached my gate, I got a little primer of what city life in Shanghai will be like.  The gate was packed!  Not only that, when they called first and business class for boarding, the entire gate stood up and went to the line as if we could all get on the plane.  A few bold Chinese almost walked straight onto the plane without having their boarding pass checked, at which point they practically called in security for crowd control.

On another note, I recently picked up a pair of Bose QC15 headphones, which were literally my savior on this flight.  Even if you aren’t listening to music, you flip these headphones on and you’re in your own world.  I crashed right out for the first 6 hours of the flight, and I’m feeling pretty charged up to meet the rest of the Alliance crew later this afternoon.

Entering survival mode now.

1 comment:

  1. Every one thinks that they are good enough to sit up front with me. Back of the plane you silly foreigners.

    Good to see you made it. Do us proud.

    ReplyDelete