Friday, April 18, 2014

San Francisco Day 5?

Day 5? Well I had planned to fly out of SF and be in LA by midday. That didn’t work out because United Airlines sent me a message first thing in the morning telling me that my flight had simply been cancelled.  Thanks United, God forbid, I had plans that day.  I recently heard a news report saying that this is actually becoming an increasingly common phenomenon for the airlines, which could definitely pose some challenges for your travel plans.  Where is our recourse when we have to pay extra to reschedule a flight or lose out on a day at the beach?

In any event, I took advantage of the day by doing the one last thing on my checklist that I had not been able to do yet – climb to the top of Twin Peaks.  Throw on some Nikes and pop in a pair of headphones. Let’s get started.

^Panorama from Twin Peaks.  You'll catch a great shot of the city from up here.

^This is why they call it Twin Peaks.  I'm on top of one of the peaks looking at the other one.

From the Mission district, you can hop on the 48 bus from 24th and Valencia and ride it up to Grand View Avenue and 23rd Street. From there, you have to walk a little more than a half-mile to get to the top of Twin Peaks.  Google Maps might be helpful once you start walking because it’s a pretty curvy path.  When you make it the top, behold, get ready for a breathtaking view.


I simply couldn’t get enough of SF’s super burritos so I needed one more before getting on the plane.  Papalote is conveniently located at 24th and Valencia, where I got off the bus.  Grab some of their epic sauce if you're looking for something to take with you too.  Eat one of those and we’re out! ‘Til next time SF.

^Still jealous about the way people put avocado on everything in California.  Such a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment